Thursday 28 February 2013

BLEU06 Loves 1971 - Spring/Summer 2013

1971 is the youthful diffusion line of British fashion heavyweight, REISS. Like other great diffusion lines like T by Alexander Wang and Marc by Marc Jacobs, 1971 delivers all the quality and creativity of the main line at a more affordable price. A dream come true no? I really love how fresh and contemporary the collection is as a whole. The citrus hues and hints of grey and white are what spring is all about. It's a mix of edgy seasonal pieces and classic wardrobe staples with a a sharp, punchy twist. Don't just take my word for it though, check out the campaign, shot by USED Magazine and featuring the irresistible Jed Texas:


Now that you've had a glimpse of the new collection, I've picked 3 of my favourite items and styled them with pieces from both the 1971 collection and the REISS main line. I went with wardrobe staples in clever fabrications and colours that work well as complete looks or separates.

The New White Shirt
At first glance the Oliver shirt might seem a bit chaotic but I was drawn to the multi-directional stripes almost immediately. The cut is youthful and the stripes are just the right width. I paired it with the sports luxe feel of the Vulcan baseball jacket and Yale chambray trousers. As a HUGE fan of anything made of suede I couldn't think of a better way to cap this look off than the tasselled Stasko loafers. 


The Classic Leather Jacket: Revisited
I'm in love with the April Leather Jacket in Airforce Blue, the raglan sleeves and the steely shade of blue make it the perfect alternative to the classic black leather jacket. Paired with the seafoam Juke jumper, crisp white Wickham chinos and the Chato canvas pumps, this is my dream off-duty look.




The Bold Knit Jumper
My last pick from the 1971 collection is this William jumper with contrasting navy and off-white panels. It's bold and edgy and definitely way up there on my must-have list. The small flecks dotted all over it add a soft touch and texture that I can't get enough of. The Robinson 
man-clutch document wallet is another personal must-have, it matches that tiny sliver of neon orange in the jumper's concealed pocket, perfection! The Charger jeans have the most flattering slim-fit silhouette, with the hems rolled up and finished off with the Stasko loafers as before.


No comments:

Post a Comment